Why do I cook!?! I mean I could just run down to Subway or Pizza Hut and fill up on something there, buy why cook? Or more specifically why do I cook? Initially I started cooking because I liked to cook and it was an easy way to express myself. Cooking is enough science that it can be replicated reasonably simply, however, it still leaves plenty of room for expression and creativity. Later on when I moved out I started cooking because I was hungry, but creativity still found its way into dinner. So today as a married man I cook because:
- I cook so that Vanessa, my wife, does not have to. She is a great cook but does not enjoy cooking.
- I cook for self-defense. How so? Ever found a finger in your chile at Wendy’s or a clump of human hair in your hot dog? Me neither, I plan to keep it that way.
- I cook to try new things. Lets face it you can only get so much variety in local joints, especially in a little town. If I want good food at a reasonable price I will have to be making it myself.
- I cook because its a challenge. Once in a while a dish comes up or someone asks me to make something I have never made or even eaten and its a challenge to get it right.
- I cook because well fed people are happy people.
- I cook because it relaxes me. I sit at a computer all day and think about food, when I finally get home cooking is my way to wind down and relax.
- I cook so that when I work out I have something to think about…whatever shall I have for dinner after I am finished abusing my body?
- Finally, I cook because I like to eat.
Why do you cook? Why don’t you cook? Let me k now I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Pumpkin Pie of Death
Cooking for two
The Texas Squealer Burger…squels of delight
Monelli’s Italian Grill