Why do I cook!?! I mean I could just run down to Subway or Pizza Hut and fill up on something there, buy why cook? ¬†Or more specifically why do I cook? ¬†Initially I started cooking because I liked to cook and it was an easy way to express myself. ¬†Cooking is enough science that it can be replicated reasonably simply, however, it still leaves plenty of room for expression and creativity. ¬†Later on when I moved out I started cooking because I was hungry, but creativity still found its way into dinner. ¬†So today as a married man I cook because:
- I cook so that Vanessa, my wife, does not have to. ¬†She is a great cook but does not enjoy cooking.
- I cook for self-defense. ¬†How so? ¬†Ever found a finger in your chile at Wendy’s or a clump of human hair in your hot dog? ¬†Me neither, I plan to keep it that way.
- I cook to try new things. ¬†Lets face it you can only get so much variety in local joints, especially in a little town. ¬†If I want good food at a reasonable price I will have to be making it myself.
- I cook because its a challenge. ¬†Once in a while a dish comes up or someone asks me to make something I have never made or even eaten and its a challenge to get it right.
- I cook because well fed people are happy people.
- I cook because it relaxes me. ¬†I sit at a computer all day and think about food, when I finally get home cooking is my way to wind down and relax.
- I cook so that when I work out I have something to think about…whatever shall I have for dinner after I am finished abusing my body?
- Finally, I cook because I like to eat.
Why do you cook? ¬†Why don’t you cook? ¬†Let me k now I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Pumpkin Pie of Death
Cooking for two
The Texas Squealer Burger…squels of delight
Monelli’s Italian Grill