Thai Venison Mini Meatballs
In the interest of total disclosure, my wife’s initial observation of these was, “those are some nice looking turds”; and for that reason a recipe without a picture (and you are not getting a thousand words either). A picture would be super helpful but these are a dry, no sauce, meatball – but they are not short on flavor.
- 1 pound ground venison (or not, I ground it in the course of this recipe)
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or for something extra special some Bluegrass Soy Sauce)
- a couple drops of fish sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 tbsp dried Thai basil
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the over to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all ingredients except the almond flour, if using unground meat chop meat into 1″ cubes and thoroughly mix them with the other ingredients, grind all twice through a fine plate.
- Add in almond flour and mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands, form into 1 ounce meat balls and placed on the previously lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then turn the broiler on high for a minute or so to brown the meatballs.
- Serve hot.
Just another in a list of venison recipes, but something different. If these are not spicy enough (they are not spicy) serve them with some Sriracha.
Leave a Reply